Write a 2,100- to 2,800-w0rd needs assessment. Use the following sections to organize your pap3r:
- Summarize the target population: Use your knowledge of your community to provide context and illustrate the dynamics of the population. You may wish to incorporate details like demographics, social structure, community culture, history, values, and even its infrastructure.
- Examples of a target population:
- trauma survivors
- preschool children with autism-spectrum disorders
- adults in a substance-abuse treatment program
- homeless individuals
- client advocates
- human services professionals
- Describe this population’s perceived need(s).
- Incorporate relevant research from your literature review in the Week 5 Needs Assessment Part 1 assignment.
- If necessary, read additional articles on the topic so you are well-versed in the needs of a particular population.
- As needed, include existing data from published studies in this section of your report.
- Describe the current status of the population in your community.
- For example, if you are interested in addressing the needs of homeless people in your community, describe the services and resources currently available and accessible to this population. Many needs may already be met by existing programs and services. Describe these needs.
- You might also wish to describe the evolution of the population. What changes has this population experienced in recent years? What has remained the same? How might the population change in the future?
- Create one additional strategy for collecting information about the needs of the target population (in addition to reading literature and interviewing specialists).
- For example, you may decide to administer a questionnaire or organize a focus group. Discuss your strategy in detail. If there is already a validated questionnaire that is relevant to the group you are assessing, describe it. If not, describe the type of instrument that would be useful in assessing the needs of the target population. For additional information on needs assessment strategies, conduct additional internet research.
- Create a general plan for data analysis.
- Although you will not actually collect data, determine which approach (mixed methods, survey, or action research) you would most likely use. Provide rationale for your answer.
- Once you have collected data, either qualitative or quantitative, you need to analyze and interpret it. Explain how you would do this.
- Describe 1-2 potential interventions or strategies for addressing your target population’s need(s).
- Typically, the next step in a needs assessment is to analyze the data and use the results to plan appropriate interventions. Because you are only planning and not actually conducting a needs assessment, you will not have actual data to analyze and use. However, you may still anticipate the needs of a given population by reflecting on the information you have gathered
- For example, if the information you gleaned from research articles and your key informant suggests that the homeless population in your community needs education on existing mental health services, you may develop a plan for helping the homeless population learn more about community mental health services currently available to them. In other words, you can devise a strategy for increasing awareness of mental health services. Keep in mind your plan will be general and tentative because you have not actually analyzed data.
Cite a minimum of five scholarly r3ferences.
Running head: Week 1 Discussion – Research Study Proposal
Week 1 Discussion – Research Study Proposal
2 Week 1 Discussion – Research Study Proposal
Research topic: a research into the correlation between depression and suicide among young
Suicide is one of the major global public health concern. Suicide and depression is also one of
the widely discussed topic among researchers. Majority of suicide studies have always been
linked to mental disorder. For example, a suicidal behavior research on Chinese University
Students measured the connection between suicide and different mental disorders such as
anxiety, stress, and depression including copying styles, hopelessness and the subjective well-
being (Lew, B.,. et al, 2019). The result showed that these factors were major factors for suicide.
Majority of people that have depressive disorder do not die or attempt to die by suicide but
depression has always been linked with a higher risk of suicide (Daly, M. (2022). Some studies
estimate that around 60% of individual that die by suicide have has bipolar disorder or
The aim of this research is to find the relationship or connection between suicide and
depression among young people, the percentage of those that are affected by depression and the
percentage of young people with depressive disorder that have a suicidal thought. Even though
there several research on depressive disorder among the youth less is covered on its connection
to suicide among young people. As such, this research is important because mental health issues
and following suicide deaths ad attempts has increasingly become a worldwide issues among
young people. In addition, the research will help in increasing counselling effective and come up
with preventive programs or strategies that can help prevent suicide and mental health problems
among youth in the society.
3 Week 1 Discussion – Research Study Proposal
Hypothesis: Depression is wide-spread among young people and teenagers as well as it
is one of the main causes of suicide and suicide behaviors.
For this research, there are few question, which I would need to know and include;
What is the rate of youth and teenagers, with depressive disorder?
What is the percentage of young people with depressive disorder, who have
Other than depression, what other factors contribute to suicidal thoughts?
Among young people, can depression be regard as the main reasons for suicidal
thoughts or behaviors?
The research study will follow a mixed research method (both qualitative and quantitative
research method). It will also use questionnaires, interviews and involve psychologists and
young people aged between 16-25 years old. In addition, it does not focus on specific race,
ethnicity or nationality. Having it in a school setting will help incorporate diversity and cultural
sensitivity. Moreover, mental disorders are also influenced by individual cultural backgrounds
and social setting. To conclude, this proposed research study will help understand the connection
depression has with suicide behavior among young people and provide an insight on how to
understand and solve the problem.
4 Week 1 Discussion – Research Study Proposal
Daly, M. (2022). Prevalence of depression among adolescents in the US from 2009 to 2019:
analysis of trends by sex, race/ethnicity, and income. Journal of Adolescent
Health, 70(3), 496-499.
Lew, B., Huen, J., Yu, P., Yuan, L., Wang, D. F., Ping, F., & Jia, C. X. (2019). Associations
between depression, anxiety, stress, hopelessness, subjective well-being, coping styles
and suicide in Chinese university students. PloS one, 14(7), e0217372.
Sortmyessay.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Sortmyessay.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.
SortMyEssay.com is an online academic writing platform that provides customers with high-quality papers, regardless of their academic level or the country they come from. Founded in 2012, SortMyEssay.com has quickly become one of the leading providers of quality academic writing services across the globe. It is well known for its exceptional customer service and its dedication to providing only top-notch content to its customers.
At SortMyEssay.com, we understand that not all students are on the same academic level – some may be just starting out, while others may have already completed a number of degrees in various disciplines – so our team strives to provide essays that meet each student’s individual needs. Our writers have been specially trained to write according to different levels of students and also customize each essay according to the client’s specific requirements and instructions given by their professor/teacher/lecturer etc., thus ensuring accuracy and quality at all times.
When it comes to undergraduate (UG) essays, our writers focus on topics such as Accounting, Biology, Computer Science, Economics, English Literature and Language Arts among many others; Masters’ (MA) essays usually require profound knowledge about a particular subject matter or topic with respect to which our experts are well versed; Doctoral (PhD) essays call for original research work based on primary sources; Postgraduate (PG certificate/diploma) essays are more focused on extensive secondary source review focusing on areas such as Business Administration or Human Resource Management; And finally Professional Certification courses requires up-to-date knowledge about current developments & trends within a particular field like Project Management or Quality Assurance etc.. Such broad range allows us to accommodate almost any request made by our esteemed customers who can rest assured knowing their essay will be written perfectly tailored towards their current educational goals & aspirations!
Our commitment towards excellence doesn’t stop at just meeting your individual needs but extends even further when it comes countries served – SortMyEssay covers nearly every country around the world including USA , UK , Canada , Australia , Germany , France among other countries making sure there’s nothing stopping you from achieving success! Our staff consists of professional writers committed towards delivering top notch content while keeping prices affordable enough so everyone can benefit from them no matter what part of world they live in !
Furthermore we ensure strict adherence towards deadlines set forth by clients so you don’t miss any important milestones along your way . We believe time is valuable & should not be wasted trying to figure out how produce high quality paper without breaking bank – which is exactly why we turn impossible into possible & always deliver ahead schedule !
All in all we strive hard everyday make sure none our clients ever disappointed with services provided here at sortmyessay . With expert assistance available round clock guarantees fast turnaround time helping them secure good grades . As one biggest players industry today you can rely us full confidence knowing your assignment safe hands . So go ahead contact now get started journey success !
At SortMyEssay.com, we understand that quality is the key to successful academic writing and this is why all of our papers are written by experienced professionals who have extensive knowledge in their respective fields. We also ensure that each paper goes through multiple levels of review before being delivered to the customer, which includes a rigorous plagiarism check as well as editing for grammar mistakes & typos. This guarantees that only the best-written papers make it into your hands!
Although essays are our specialty, we do not limit ourselves to just this service – our writers can assist with any type of academic writing you may require such as term papers, research papers, coursework assignments & even dissertations so don’t hesitate contact us if you need help completing more complex tasks!
We take pride in delivering quality services to all clients at an affordable price and believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality content regardless of their location or budget. Our commitment towards excellence has earned us accolades from customers around world making us one best online academic writing platforms available today !
So what are you waiting for ? Get started now and experience the power behind sortmyessay ! You won’t regret it