DIGITAL MEDICINE: MOBILE DEVICES, WEARABLES, TELEHEALTH, TELEMEDICINE – THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON TECHNOLOGY ADVANCES
Preparing for her run, Susan tightened her fitness watch on her wrist. After experiencing and having received treatment for a heart arrhythmia, Susan was encouraged to wear the watch that not only would alert her if she experienced an irregular heartbeat, but the device would also report the findings to her medical team. Susan felt comfortable going on her run, knowing her device would monitor her heart.
Digital medicine has changed how patients monitor their health. These advancements have allowed patients to take an active role with increased control and agency over their healthcare and well-being. Digital medicine has also allowed patients to communicate with healthcare providers in different ways that help to facilitate ongoing, continuous, and real-time conversations that lead to data-informed treatment approaches and healthcare plans. Thus, these advancements have shifted and changed how healthcare is offered and practiced both for the patient and healthcare provider.
For this Discussion, you will explore the use of digital medicine in healthcare organizations and nursing practice. Reflect on the use, implementation, and the barriers for digital medicine and consider how these devices have changed, or will continue to change, healthcare organizations and nursing practice.
• Review the Learning Resources associated with digital medicine.
• Consider the use, implementation, and barriers of digital medicine for healthcare organizations and nursing practice.
BY DAY 3 OF WEEK 6
Post a cohesive response to the following:
• Explain whether COVID-19 has impacted the use or non-use of digital medicine. Be specific.
• Explain how wearables, devices, and telehealth may contribute to Big Data.
• What are some of the challenges you might have faced during implementation of digital medicine in your healthcare organization or nursing practice?
• What are some of the challenges identified in the “Turning the Body Into a Wire” article by Sen, Maity, & Das (2020)?
• Recommend at least two strategies for overcoming these challenges/barriers now and in the future. Be specific and provide examples.
• Sipes, C. (2020). Project management for the advanced practice nurse (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing.
o Chapter 5, “Implementation/Execution: Phase 3” (pp. 121–146)
• American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing informaticsLinks to an external site.: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.).
o “The Future of Nursing Informatics” (pp. 52–62)
o “Standard 5: Implementation” (pp. 73–74)
o “Standard 5a: Coordination of Activities” (p. 75)
o “Standard 6: Evaluation” (p. 78)
• Islam, M., Mahmud, S., Muhammad, L. J., Islam, M. R., Nooruddin, S., & Ayon, S. I. (2020). Wearable technology to assist the patients infected with novel coronavirus (COVID-19). SN Computer ScienceLinks to an external site., 320. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42979-020-00335-4
• Kruse, C., Betancourt, J., Ortiz, S., Valdes Luna, S. M., Bamrah, I. K., & Segovia, N. (2019). Barriers to the use of mobile health in improving health outcomes in developing countries: Systematic reviewLinks to an external site.. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 21(10), Article e13263. doi:10.2196/13263
• Otto, L., Harst, L., Timpel, P., Wollschlaeger, B., Richter, P., & Schlieter, H. (2020). Defining and delimitating telemedicine and related terms – an ontology-based classificationLinks to an external site.. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 268, 113–122. doi:10.3233/SHTI200010
• Sen, S., Maity, S., & Das, D. (2020). Turning the body into a wireLinks to an external site.. IEEE Spectrum. https://spectrum.ieee.org/turning-the-body-into-a-wire
• Smital, L., Haider, C. R., Vitek, M., Leinveber, P., Jurak, P., Nemcova, A., Smisek, R., Marsanova, L., Provaznik, I., Felton, C. L., Gilbert, B. K., & Holmes, D. R., III (2020). Real-time quality assessment of long-term ECG signals recorded by wearables in free-living conditionsLinks to an external site.. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 67(10), 2721–2734. doi:10.1109/TBME.2020.2969719
• Tully, J., Dameff, C., & Longhurst, C. A. (2020). Wave of wearables: Clinical management of patients and the future of connected medicine. Clinics in Laboratory MedicineLinks to an external site., 40(1), 69–82. doi:10.1016/j.cll.2019.11.004
• Yang, X., Wang, X., Li, X., Gu, D., Liang, C., Li, K., Zhang, G., & Zhong, J. (2020). Exploring emerging IoT technologies in smart health research: A knowledge graph analysisLinks to an external site.. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 20, 260. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12911-020-01278-9
• Wu, M., & Luo, J. (2019). Wearable technology applications in healthcare: A literature reviewLinks to an external site.. HIMSS. https://www.himss.org/resources/wearable-technology-applications-healthcare-literature-review
• Bettencourt, E. (2018). The future of nursing technology is exciting. https://diversitynursing.com/the-future-of-nursing-technology-is-exciting/#:~:text=The%20Future%20of%20Nursing%20Technology%20Is%20Exciting.%20adminericaB,advancements%20in%20medical%20science%2C%20telecommunications%2C%20and%20even%20
• Donevant, S. B., Hilfinger Messias, D. K., & Estrada, R. D. (2018). Utilization of mobile applications in collaborative patient-provider monitoring of chronic health conditions: An examination of three theoretical frameworks to guide practice. Journal of Informatics Nursing, 3(2), 6–11.
• Goldstein, K. M., Zullig, L. L., Dedert, E. A., Tabriz, A. A., Brearly, T. W., Raitz, G., Sata, S. S., Whited, J. D., Bosworth, H. B., Gordon, A. M., Nagi, A., Williams, J. W., & Gierisch, J. M. (2018). Telehealth interventions designed for women: An evidence map. Journal of General Internal MedicineLinks to an external site., 33(12), 2191–2200. doi:10.1007/s11606-018-4655-8
• National Institute on Aging. (2017). NIH initiative tests in-home technology to help older adults age in placeLinks to an external site.. https://www.nia.nih.gov/news/nih-initiative-tests-home-technology-help-older-adults-age-place
• Williams, J. K., Feero, W. G., Leonard, D. G. B., & Coleman, B. (2017). Implementation science, genomic precision medicine, and improved health: A new path forward? Nursing OutlookLinks to an external site., 65(1), 36–40. doi:10.1016/j.outlook.2016.07.014
• ZEBRA Technologies. (n.d.). The future of healthcare: 2022 Hospital vision study: Mobile technology elevates patient care, empowers clinicians and enhances workflowsLinks to an external site.. https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/solutions-verticals/vertical-solutions/healthcare/white-paper/2022-hospital-vision-study-en-global.pdf
Sortmyessay.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Sortmyessay.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.
SortMyEssay.com is an online academic writing platform that provides customers with high-quality papers, regardless of their academic level or the country they come from. Founded in 2012, SortMyEssay.com has quickly become one of the leading providers of quality academic writing services across the globe. It is well known for its exceptional customer service and its dedication to providing only top-notch content to its customers.
At SortMyEssay.com, we understand that not all students are on the same academic level – some may be just starting out, while others may have already completed a number of degrees in various disciplines – so our team strives to provide essays that meet each student’s individual needs. Our writers have been specially trained to write according to different levels of students and also customize each essay according to the client’s specific requirements and instructions given by their professor/teacher/lecturer etc., thus ensuring accuracy and quality at all times.
When it comes to undergraduate (UG) essays, our writers focus on topics such as Accounting, Biology, Computer Science, Economics, English Literature and Language Arts among many others; Masters’ (MA) essays usually require profound knowledge about a particular subject matter or topic with respect to which our experts are well versed; Doctoral (PhD) essays call for original research work based on primary sources; Postgraduate (PG certificate/diploma) essays are more focused on extensive secondary source review focusing on areas such as Business Administration or Human Resource Management; And finally Professional Certification courses requires up-to-date knowledge about current developments & trends within a particular field like Project Management or Quality Assurance etc.. Such broad range allows us to accommodate almost any request made by our esteemed customers who can rest assured knowing their essay will be written perfectly tailored towards their current educational goals & aspirations!
Our commitment towards excellence doesn’t stop at just meeting your individual needs but extends even further when it comes countries served – SortMyEssay covers nearly every country around the world including USA , UK , Canada , Australia , Germany , France among other countries making sure there’s nothing stopping you from achieving success! Our staff consists of professional writers committed towards delivering top notch content while keeping prices affordable enough so everyone can benefit from them no matter what part of world they live in !
Furthermore we ensure strict adherence towards deadlines set forth by clients so you don’t miss any important milestones along your way . We believe time is valuable & should not be wasted trying to figure out how produce high quality paper without breaking bank – which is exactly why we turn impossible into possible & always deliver ahead schedule !
All in all we strive hard everyday make sure none our clients ever disappointed with services provided here at sortmyessay . With expert assistance available round clock guarantees fast turnaround time helping them secure good grades . As one biggest players industry today you can rely us full confidence knowing your assignment safe hands . So go ahead contact now get started journey success !
At SortMyEssay.com, we understand that quality is the key to successful academic writing and this is why all of our papers are written by experienced professionals who have extensive knowledge in their respective fields. We also ensure that each paper goes through multiple levels of review before being delivered to the customer, which includes a rigorous plagiarism check as well as editing for grammar mistakes & typos. This guarantees that only the best-written papers make it into your hands!
Although essays are our specialty, we do not limit ourselves to just this service – our writers can assist with any type of academic writing you may require such as term papers, research papers, coursework assignments & even dissertations so don’t hesitate contact us if you need help completing more complex tasks!
We take pride in delivering quality services to all clients at an affordable price and believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality content regardless of their location or budget. Our commitment towards excellence has earned us accolades from customers around world making us one best online academic writing platforms available today !
So what are you waiting for ? Get started now and experience the power behind sortmyessay ! You won’t regret it