D.R. is a 27-year-old man, who presents to the nurse practitioner at the Family Care Clinic complaining of increasing SOB, wheezing, fatigue, cough, stuffy nose, watery eyes, and postnasal drainage—all of which began four days ago. Three days ago, he began monitoring his peak flow rates several times a day. His peak flow rates have ranged from 65-70% of his regular baseline with nighttime symptoms for 3 nights on the last week and often have been at the lower limit of that range in the morning. Three days ago, he also began to self-treat with frequent albuterol nebulizer therapy. He reports that usually his albuterol inhaler provides him with relief from his asthma symptoms, but this is no longer enough treatment for this asthmatic episode.
Case Study Questions
- According to the case study information, how would you classify the severity of D.R. asthma attack?
- Name the most common triggers for asthma in any given patients and specify in your answer which ones you consider applied to D.R. on the case study.
- Based on your knowledge and your research, please explain the factors that might be the etiology of D.R. being an asthmatic patient.
Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Homeostasis:
Ms. Brown is a 70-year-old woman with type 2 diabetes mellitus who has been too ill to get out of bed for 2 days. She has had a severe cough and has been unable to eat or drink during this time. On admission, her laboratory values show the following:
- Serum glucose 412 mg/dL
- Serum sodium (Na+) 156 mEq/L
- Serum potassium (K+) 5.6 mEq/L
- Serum chloride (Cl–) 115 mEq/L
- Arterial blood gases (ABGs): pH 7.30; PaCO2 32 mmHg; PaO2 70 mmHg; HCO3– 20 mEq/L
Case Study Questions
- Based on Ms. Brown admission’s laboratory values, could you determine what type of water and electrolyte imbalance does she has?
- Describe the signs and symptoms to the different types of water imbalance and described clinical manifestation she might exhibit with the potassium level she has.
- In the specific case presented which would be the most appropriate treatment for Ms. Brown and why?
- What the ABGs from Ms. Brown indicate regarding her acid-base imbalance?
- Based on your readings and your research define and describe Anion Gaps and its clinical significance.
- Include both case studies in your post.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words per case study, a total of 500 words for both, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources per case study. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers, by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response before 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates before 11:59 PM ET Sunday. NB: Responses to peers can be done on the same day, but not on the day the initial post is made.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.
Sortmyessay.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Sortmyessay.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.
SortMyEssay.com is an online academic writing platform that provides customers with high-quality papers, regardless of their academic level or the country they come from. Founded in 2012, SortMyEssay.com has quickly become one of the leading providers of quality academic writing services across the globe. It is well known for its exceptional customer service and its dedication to providing only top-notch content to its customers.
At SortMyEssay.com, we understand that not all students are on the same academic level – some may be just starting out, while others may have already completed a number of degrees in various disciplines – so our team strives to provide essays that meet each student’s individual needs. Our writers have been specially trained to write according to different levels of students and also customize each essay according to the client’s specific requirements and instructions given by their professor/teacher/lecturer etc., thus ensuring accuracy and quality at all times.
When it comes to undergraduate (UG) essays, our writers focus on topics such as Accounting, Biology, Computer Science, Economics, English Literature and Language Arts among many others; Masters’ (MA) essays usually require profound knowledge about a particular subject matter or topic with respect to which our experts are well versed; Doctoral (PhD) essays call for original research work based on primary sources; Postgraduate (PG certificate/diploma) essays are more focused on extensive secondary source review focusing on areas such as Business Administration or Human Resource Management; And finally Professional Certification courses requires up-to-date knowledge about current developments & trends within a particular field like Project Management or Quality Assurance etc.. Such broad range allows us to accommodate almost any request made by our esteemed customers who can rest assured knowing their essay will be written perfectly tailored towards their current educational goals & aspirations!
Our commitment towards excellence doesn’t stop at just meeting your individual needs but extends even further when it comes countries served – SortMyEssay covers nearly every country around the world including USA , UK , Canada , Australia , Germany , France among other countries making sure there’s nothing stopping you from achieving success! Our staff consists of professional writers committed towards delivering top notch content while keeping prices affordable enough so everyone can benefit from them no matter what part of world they live in !
Furthermore we ensure strict adherence towards deadlines set forth by clients so you don’t miss any important milestones along your way . We believe time is valuable & should not be wasted trying to figure out how produce high quality paper without breaking bank – which is exactly why we turn impossible into possible & always deliver ahead schedule !
All in all we strive hard everyday make sure none our clients ever disappointed with services provided here at sortmyessay . With expert assistance available round clock guarantees fast turnaround time helping them secure good grades . As one biggest players industry today you can rely us full confidence knowing your assignment safe hands . So go ahead contact now get started journey success !
At SortMyEssay.com, we understand that quality is the key to successful academic writing and this is why all of our papers are written by experienced professionals who have extensive knowledge in their respective fields. We also ensure that each paper goes through multiple levels of review before being delivered to the customer, which includes a rigorous plagiarism check as well as editing for grammar mistakes & typos. This guarantees that only the best-written papers make it into your hands!
Although essays are our specialty, we do not limit ourselves to just this service – our writers can assist with any type of academic writing you may require such as term papers, research papers, coursework assignments & even dissertations so don’t hesitate contact us if you need help completing more complex tasks!
We take pride in delivering quality services to all clients at an affordable price and believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality content regardless of their location or budget. Our commitment towards excellence has earned us accolades from customers around world making us one best online academic writing platforms available today !
So what are you waiting for ? Get started now and experience the power behind sortmyessay ! You won’t regret it