Once the drivers are installed, you can close the installation window. The tool will now recognize your device over fastboot and display its unique identifier under the ‘device’ column of the flash tool’s interface.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash flashes stock ROM firmware already known as fastboot files.
- From the MiFlash tool, you will need to select the folder where you extracted the ROM.
- This error is caused because the tool verifies if the device’s bootloader has been locked or not.
- Then transfer the downloaded .zip file to the root directory of your phone’s external storage (/sdcard1).
- We hope that the above-given procedure is easy to use and successful to install Stock Firmware on the Xiaomi Redmi Pro Spreadtrum-powered.
The same update will be pushed to other Mi & Redmi phones in the coming days. Users can also manually flash the ROM by downloading the MIUI 8 Recovery/Fastboot ROM package. The recovery ROM is perfect for upgrading the MIUI version directly from the device.
First of all transfer stock recovery to the platform-tools folder. In the same way, make sure that the complete name of the file is recovery.time. Considering a Custom ROM, users have the options to make core-system changes as these are developed by the Android community. Being open source, anyone can edit the Android code, recompile it and re-release the same to range of devices available in the market. Most of the these ROM’s available on the web are completely free. Unlike Stock Firmware, users have the option to taste Google’s latest operating system by flashing Custom ROM’s.
Furthermore, custom ROMs are not always optimized for the device’s hardware, so users may experience performance issues. Flashing supports those who aim at the highest optimization in the operating system. So Xiaomi Flash Tool is for the Xiaomi device download stock firmware users in targetting a wide device range. The tool runs on the Windows PC help and promises complete flashing performance of fastboot firmware files on Xiaomi smartphones and Tablets. But it does not add support for flashing OTA files which you